[Live-devel] query

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Mon Apr 12 12:48:51 PDT 2004

>i.e. if the connection between the client and server disconnects then
>do i have to receive/view  the entire video stream from begining once
>again ??? or is there any mechanism that allows me to save the previously
>downloaded content in a buffer and redownload the remaining part after the
>connection re-establishment??

The best way to do this would be open a new RTSP connection, but use RTSP's
'seeking' mechanism (i.e., within the "PLAY" command) to seek to the point
at which the previous download ended, and then replay the stream starting
from that point.

(But no, I have no plans to add this 'feature' to "openRTSP".)

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>