[Live-devel] Jpeg live stream & OnDemandServer*

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Sun Apr 25 22:20:54 PDT 2004

At 12:47 AM 4/24/04, you wrote:

> > Yes, but first you would need to create two new classes:
> > 1/ subclass of "JPEGVideoSource" that encapsulates your JPEG source,
> and  .....
>  It is done.
>But you see the problem is I have live video(jpeg frame) in memory but
>ServerMediaSubsession need with "file descriptor"

No it doesn't.  Neither "ServerMediaSubsession" nor
"OnDemandServerMediaSubsession" has anything to do with 'files'.  In
particular, these classes have no requirement that the input source is a
file.  (It's *FileServerMediaSubsession* that has such a requirement.)

>  Do I have to rewrite ServerMedia.... -> .....
> OnDemandServerMediaSubsession -> .....

I suggest creating a subclass of "OnDemandServerMediaSubsession" (*not*
"FileServerMediaSubsession") for this.  Of course, you will have to
implement the pure virtual functions "createNewStreamSource()" and
"createNewRTPSink()" in your subclass.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>