[Live-devel] Boolean on OSX

Matthew Romaine Matthew.Romaine at jp.sony.com
Mon Apr 26 19:13:16 PDT 2004

Hi Ross,

	MacOSX defines it's own Boolean as an unsigned char (MacTypes.h, for
those who care), which conflicts with the Boolean type declared in
liveMedia.  I suppose I could hack a few #defines in Boolean.h, but I
was hoping not to have to recompile the other libraries such as
groupsock.  The problem arises b/c I can't change OSX's definition of
Boolean, so I have to use theirs, but then I get symbol linking errors
b/c setupStreamSocket as compiled in the groupsock library expects an
unsigned int....

	any ideas on how to work around this?  I could rename all instances of
liveMedia's "Boolean" to be something else ("liveBoolean", perhaps),
but maybe to be more OSX friendly, the next release of liveMedia could
adopt unsigned char as its Boolean type?

tia,
matt