[Live-devel] Boolean on OSX

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Mon Apr 26 11:16:33 PDT 2004

>         MacOSX defines it's own Boolean as an unsigned char (MacTypes.h,
> for those who care), which conflicts with the Boolean type declared in
> liveMedia.  I suppose I could hack a few #defines in Boolean.h, but I was
> hoping not to have to recompile the other libraries such as groupsock.

Why not?  The code takes only a few minutes to compile.

Note that "UsageEnvironment/include/Boolean.hh" already contains an #ifdef
for compiling with a Borland development environment, perhaps because they,
too, have their own "Boolean".  (This #ifdef was contributed by someone
else, so I'm not sure.)  Perhaps you could do the same thing for MacOS
X?  If so, please post your change to the list, and perhaps I'll fold it
into the distribution.

But anyway, several other people have built this code on/for Mac OS X.  How
have others dealt with this issue?

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>