[Live-devel] DarwinInjector and openRTSP

jgeorgas at uci.edu jgeorgas at uci.edu
Mon Aug 2 11:18:10 PDT 2004

>>Started playing session
>>Receiving streamed data (signal with "kill -HUP 2161" or "kill -USR1
>> 2161"
>>to terminate)...
>>MultiFramedRTPSource::doGetNextFrame1(): The total received frame size
>>exceeds the client's buffer size (3608).  592 bytes of trailing data will
>>be dropped!
>
> The problem here appears to be that you're not passing a correct value in
> the "maxSize" parameter to "getNextFrame()".  As you're doing this from
> within "doGetNextFrame()" - i.e., to do a simple relay - then you can
> probably just pass "fMaxSize" as this parameter.

Huhmm....I'm just hooking the MPEG4ESVideoRTPSink and the
MPEG4VideoStreamFramer together; I'm not explicitly calling getNextFrame
anywhere nor passing buffer sizes.

The RTPTranslators do, and they pass fMaxSize as the parameter - same
error message pops up when using them in conjuction with the
MPEG4VideoStreamFramer.

Displaying fMaxSize, it starts at 150000 and gets smaller each frame,
until it gets too small to fit the last frame and the data is dropped
(with the above error message); then fMaxSize is reset to 150000, and the
cycle repeats.

John