[Live-devel] Can this be done reasonably?

Neil Alexander nalex at hand-off.com
Tue Aug 3 14:01:51 PDT 2004

On Aug 3, 2004, at 12:45 PM, Ross Finlayson wrote:

> The code is built using Makefiles (which, BTW, has been the standard
> way to develop system software for at least 20 years).

Um, yeah. I did MPW and VC++  for many years - that doesn't mean that
it's fun or an efficient use of my time. I've been through makefile
hell many  times.

So I'm hearing from you that it wouldn't be a monumental task to do
this? The architecture of my project is such that I need to be able to
examine the live frame prior to saving and broadcasting. In order to
use the QT Broadcast stuff, I was having to do some serious
programmatical upheaval. It would sure be nice to be able to turn
streaming on and off easily (QT pause did not work properly), and
reduce CPU load as well.

Thanks!

n at lex@h at nd-off.com