[Live-devel] Can this be done reasonably?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Tue Aug 3 15:58:41 PDT 2004

>In other words, if I go from 4 fps to 15 fps for five minutes, then back
>again. Do I have to restart the RTSP sessions, or will it just handle it?

Note that streaming audio/video data is actually sent using RTP.  (RTSP is
the 'control' protocol that initiates the streaming.)

But yes, the RTP stream will continue just fine if the frame rate
varies.  (Just be sure to set "fDurationInMicroseconds" appropriately in
your source class.)

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>