[Live-devel] Coding rules

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Mon Aug 9 17:20:36 PDT 2004

>  Am I allowed to use the STL classes

You can use these (or anything else) for your own implementation.  However,
the distributed "LIVE.COM Streaming Media" code won't include any code that
relies upon the STL library.  The reason for this is that I want to ensure
that this code will continue to be usable within embedded systems (and
other resource-constrained environments).  I'm worried that the inclusion
of the STL library may make binaries unreasonably large for many environments.

>, should I implement helper functions ?

What "helper functions"?

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM