[Live-devel] Aspect Ratio in QuickTime Player on Windows

Eric Peters epeters at graphics.cs.uni-sb.de
Tue Aug 10 16:55:34 PDT 2004

Hello to all,

I have a problem with MPEG1 or MPEG2 video streaming. For streaming the
video I use testMPEG1or2AudioVideoStreamer under Linux. For watching the
video I want to use QuicktimePlayer under Windows XP. I have version
6.5.1 installed.

Now I have the problem that the resolution isn't correct. My video is in
resolution 352x288 (MPEG1) and Quicktime shows 320x174. So the aspect
ratio seems to be not right. I don't know which aspect ratio is used,
perhaps it could be 16:9. But then the y-resoultion should be 180, isn't it?

Does anybody know about this problem? How can I solve it?
Does anybody know about other mediaplayer on Windows which can play
videos streamed by liveMedia?

Eric