[Live-devel] Compilation error on Solaris SunOs

Karim Belem kbelem at callisto.ca
Thu Aug 12 17:01:33 PDT 2004

I found a way of building on solaris by adding .cpp in a file name
/usr/share/lib/make/make.rules. I found i would not have to do that if
all the .cpp files suffix was .cc or .C
After that change i run make and it builds it. I had to change cc by gcc
and c++ by g++ since we are using GNU compiler.
Then i launched testOnDemandRTSPServer and try to play some videos:
using VLC client and QuickTime player i requested an MPEG1 program
stream and only the audio was playing not the video. Does anybody know
about something like that ? Also i tried to play using VLC client a
transport stream MPEG2 video which i got from VBRICK but client did not
play anything while server was sending when i snoop it.

Karim.