[Live-devel] Couple of questions

Neil Alexander nalex at hand-off.com
Fri Aug 13 02:12:48 PDT 2004

Hello All,

I am implementing this on OSX, and all the test programs and such that
I have tested work fine. In the course of preparing to use the library,
a couple of issues came up.

1) The source of my media is the Sequence Grabber (QT), and therefore I
am subclassing the FrameSource with a variation of the DeviceSource
sample. But no where does it have what the format of the frame is. For
example, my source is a PixelMap which is ARGB. How does the sink know
what to do?
2) Do I have to supply my frames already compressed? I am planning to
use H263, and I CAN supply frames after compression. Is this what is
expected?

I'm pretty sure of the answer: yes they are compressed already and it's
just a byte stream to the RTP Encoder. I just wanted to verify this
before embarking on a fool's errand. Also, any other tips for this kind
of thing would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Neil Alexander

Take care of the means, and the end will take care of itself.