[Live-devel] Couple of questions

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Fri Aug 13 15:29:39 PDT 2004

>1) The source of my media is the Sequence Grabber (QT), and therefore I am
>subclassing the FrameSource with a variation of the DeviceSource sample.
>But no where does it have what the format of the frame is. For example, my
>source is a PixelMap which is ARGB. How does the sink know what to do?
>2) Do I have to supply my frames already compressed? I am planning to use
>H263, and I CAN supply frames after compression. Is this what is expected?

If I understand your question correctly, then yes.  The type of data
expected by each 'sink' class depends on the class itself.  In your case
though, you will be using a "H263plusRTPSink" class, which expects to
receive complete H.263 (or H.263+) video frames.  So, as long as your
source class delivers discrete, complete video frames, then you can feed it
directly into a "H263plusRTPSink", for transmission to the network.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>