[Live-devel] rtcp receiver reports

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Sat Aug 14 21:14:56 PDT 2004

>I am streaming(unicast) mp3 file using testMP3streamer and receiving with
>playRTPMPEG. What I want to do is changing the mp3 quality, according to
>link quality. I thougt this can be achieved by receiver reports.
[...]
>If anybody can help me about how to do this?

Kerim,

Look at"liveMedia/include/.RTPSink.hh" - in particular, the definitions of
"RTPTransmissionStatsDB" and "RTPTransmissionStatsDB".  To get statistics
from receivers, you would do the following:
1/ Call "transmissionStatsDB()" on your RTPSink, to get the stats database
2/ Create a "RTPTransmissionStatsDB::Iterator" to iterate through the stats
records.  (Each record represents one recipient.  Because you are sending
via unicast, you should see only one such recipient.)
3/ Each iteration will give you a "RTPTransmissionStats" structure, which
you can examine.

See also the source code, and the RTP/RTCP specification.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>