[Live-devel] rtcp receiver reports

Kerim ISIK kisik at bimel.com.tr
Sun Aug 15 01:15:01 PDT 2004

Hi,

I am streaming(unicast) mp3 file using testMP3streamer and receiving with playRTPMPEG. What I want to do is changing the mp3 quality, according to link quality. I thougt this can be achieved by receiver reports.

 I have placed 5 different files(containing the same music), each of them is different size and quality. (8 khz-8 kbps , ...,12 khz-32 kbps,..., 44.1 khz-128 kbps ) While streaming high-quality file, I want to gather information from the receiver whether it receives the music well or not.. if there are many packet loss in the media  then the program will stream the worse quality file next time. ( next step will be implementing this to the real time speech, but first i must do this  )

If anybody can help me about how to do this?

thanks for all replies,

Kerim ISIK