[Live-devel] WMV RTSP support for openRTSP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Tue Dec 7 02:05:41 PST 2004

>    According to your comments,  firstly I tried to receive streaming data
> (both audio and video)via UDP  without "-t" option.e.g
>     ./openRTSP -s 0  rtsp://192.168.10.218/test.wmv
>
>      And here is the output info:
[...]
>Failed to setup "video/X-ASF-PF" subsession: SETUP: cannot handle
>response: RTSP/1.0 461 Unsupported Transport

This shows that the server apparentlyn does not support regular
RTP-over-UDP streaming - only RTP-over-TCP.

>            Secondly, I follow your option to get video only:
>            ./openRTSP -s 0 -v rtsp://192.168.10.218/test.wmv > video.out
>
>             I will finally get a video file , however ,I  can not play it
> back well with Windows Media Player.I don't care much about this, the
> real thing I am curious about is why I could get vido by option -v via
> re-derection operator?

I don't know.  Perhaps the server - for some reason - only responds
properly to the "openRTSP" client if it requests to play only the video
substream??

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>