[Live-devel] WMV RTSP support for openRTSP

??? zhonggp at chinabizone.com
Tue Dec 7 09:25:47 PST 2004

Hi Ross,
     Thank you for your last reply :)
    According to your comments,  firstly I tried to receive streaming data (both audio and video)via UDP  without "-t" option.e.g
    ./openRTSP -s 0  rtsp://192.168.10.218/test.wmv

     And here is the output info:
************************************
Created receiver for "audio/X-ASF-PF" subsession (client ports 35010-35011)
Created receiver for "application/X-WMS-RTX" subsession (client ports 35012-35013)
Created receiver for "video/X-ASF-PF" subsession (client ports 35014-35015)
Setup "audio/X-ASF-PF" subsession (client ports 35010-35011)
Setup "application/X-WMS-RTX" subsession (client ports 35012-35013)
Failed to setup "video/X-ASF-PF" subsession: SETUP: cannot handle response: RTSP/1.0 461 Unsupported Transport
Created output file: "audio-X-ASF-PF-1"
Created output file: "application-X-WMS-RTX-2"
Created output file: "video-X-ASF-PF-3"
Started playing session
Receiving streamed data (for up to 236.903000 seconds)...
            It is odd there was a 461 error. Why are there always some errors with video channel?

            Secondly, I follow your option to get video only:
           ./openRTSP -s 0 -v rtsp://192.168.10.218/test.wmv > video.out

            I will finally get a video file , however ,I  can not play it back well with Windows Media Player.I don't care much about this, the real thing I am curious about is why I could get vido by option -v via re-derection operator? I read the source and I think the FileSinks should be almost the same, except the former has file name "X-ASF-PF " and the latter "stdout". I doulbt it is not a real video data.

            Hope your reply . Thanks in advace.
Best regards,
zhonggp