[Live-devel] transcode and testOnDemandRTSPServer

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Sun Dec 12 14:53:25 PST 2004

>I know my question does not directy concern LiveMedia but you may have the
>answer.
>So, do you know if there is a way to redirect the output of « transcode »
>to the input of testOnDemandRTSPServer on account of a pipe ?
>
>I’ve tried a « mkfifo » and then « transcode -i video.mpg –F mpeg1video -y
>ffmpeg  | testOnDemandRTSPServer » (with sdtin instead of test.mpg in
>testOnDemandRTSPServer.cpp), but both don’t work

Wil,

I can't help you with "ffmpeg", but if you have a command "foo" that
generates MPEG-1 or 2 Program Stream output (i.e., audio+video) to stdout,
then you can try the following, in turn:

1/ Do
         foo > test.mpg
then run (the original, unmodified)
         testOnDemandRTSPServer
This should work.  If not, then your command "foo" probably does not
produce a correct MPEG-1 or 2 Program Stream data.

2/ Then, change "testOnDemandRTSPServer.cpp" to use "stdin" instead of
"test.mpg".  You should also change the definition of "reuseFirstSource" to
be "True" rather than "False".  You should then be able to do the following:
         testOnDemandRTSPServer < test.mpg

3/ Assuming that both 1/ and 2/ work OK, you should then be able to do:
         foo | testOnDemandDTSPServer

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>