[Live-devel] RTSP Client - Problem with MP3 Streaming

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Tue Dec 14 01:12:07 PST 2004

At 10:08 PM 12/13/04, you wrote:
>For standard encoding rates(128KBps 44.1KHz), the library returns me a
>value of 1254 bytes for each read but occassionally 1253 bytes. What is
>the reason for this?

This is because the MP3 frames themselves sometimes vary in size by 1 byte,
as indicated by the 'padding' bit in the MP3 'syncword'.

>  Should I discard this 1253 bytes packet

No, definitely not.  It's perfectly valid.

>The problem is I am having some glitches in between during playback.

I suggest starting by running "openRTSP" as the client.  The output file
should be a valid, playable MP3 file.

>Is RTSP library capable of receiving Streamed data that are
>encoded at higher bit rate?

Yes, of course.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM