[Live-devel] RTSP Client - Problem with MP3 Streaming

Sai Saravana sai at koperasw.com
Tue Dec 14 11:38:50 PST 2004

Hi,

I am using Live RTSP Client for streaming MP3 files and playing them in
real time using our MP3 decoder.

For standard encoding rates(128KBps 44.1KHz), the library returns me a
value of 1254 bytes for each read but occassionally 1253 bytes. What is
the reason for this? Should I discard this 1253 bytes packet or should I
align the data continuously for feeding to decoder??
The problem is I am having some glitches in between during playback.

Regarding MP3 streams that are encoded at higher bitrate, the RTSP
library returns me packet sizes of arbitrary length. They change for
every read. Is RTSP library capable of receiving Streamed data that are
encoded at higher bit rate?

I am using testOnDemandRTSPServer for streaming MP3 files.

Thanks in Advance,
Sai.