[Live-devel] Re: [vlc-devel] Re: h264 streaming using rtp/rtsp

Hussain conundrums at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 19:47:34 PST 2004

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 08:38:42 -0800, Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live.com> wrote:

> >Hello, I created a H264VideoRTPSource.cpp, and was able to
> >successfully compile it with the live.com code. I assumed  that it was
> >successfully compiles, as I was able to see the object files, and I
> >had no errors. Then I compiled the VLC code with the newly compiled
> >live.com code. Upon trying to play back the stream i get the following
> >given below:
> [...]
> >[00000400] livedotcom demuxer warning: RTP subsession 'video/H264'
> >failed(RTP payload format unknown or not supported)
> [...]
> >Also I think I did map the code properly by adding the following lines
> >in the livedotcom code, in the demuxOpen section.
> >
> >  else if( !strcmp( sub->codecName(), "H264" ) )
> >             {
> >                 tk->fmt.i_codec = VLC_FOURCC( 'H', '2', '6', '4' );
> >             }
> >
> >Is there any other place I would need to make the changes
>
> Yes, you must also update the "MediaSession::initiate()" function (in
> "liveMedia/MediaSession.cpp" in the LIVE.COM code) to handle the
> "video/H264" MIME type.  Search for "MP4V-ES" to see how this is done for
> (regular) MPEG-4 video.  You will need to add a similar "if" branch for "H264".
>
> Once you have this working, it would be great if you would post the code
> for your "H264VideoRTPSource" to the "live-devel" mailing list, so I can
> include it in a future release.

Don't worry Ross I was planning on it :)

Also Ross at the moment I have to compile the live.com code, and then
the VLC code to test and see how things are working? Would you know an
easier way of testing the live.com code seperately?

It would make it easier if I worked with one software at a time. That
way at least I would know where things have gone wrong.

Thanks.

Hussain