[Live-devel] PLAY range

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Tue Dec 14 19:38:50 PST 2004

At 05:37 PM 12/14/04, you wrote:
>Sorry It's my mistake,my question is if the RTSPserver support this form
>of PLAY command.

Yes, but it depends upon the media type.  I.e., it's supported only for
streaming from files, and only for some file types.

Currently, only MPEG-1 or 2 audio (including "MP3") files and WAV audio
files support this.

For file types to support this, their corresponding subclass of
"FileServerMediaSubsession" will need to implement the following virtual
functions:
         virtual float duration() const;
                 Returns the file's duration, in seconds
         virtual void seekStreamSource(FramedSource* inputSource, float
seekNPT);
                 (Attempts to) seek within the input source.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>