[Live-devel] Re: MP4 Systems files recording?

erick.van.rijk at philips.com erick.van.rijk at philips.com
Thu Dec 16 13:59:55 PST 2004

OK, I've done some more research. It seems that the MP4 file with a PNG
added by Quicktime, Do seem to be recorded correctly.
What maybe a problem is that the ObjectTypeIndication seem to differ for
the different MP4 creators I use. See http://www.mp4ra.org/object.html
If you look at the different printouts, you'll see that there are a lot of
different ways to get an PNG in a MP4 file. openRTSP doesn't have any
problems with the exported PNG because its converted to an video/MP4V-ES.
The other however, are payload "mpeg4-generic", and I think openRTSP
doesn't seem to know how to handle ObjectTypeIndication 109 (PNG).

What would be the best approach to this problem? Just keep using the
generic and try and fix the GenericBuffer problem (from my previous mail)
or try to tell openRTSP to handle the PNGs directly?

Thanks

Erick

* Movie Info *  <-------HINTED Quicktime export of PNG
        Timescale 600 - Duration 40
        Fragmented File no - 4 tracks
        File Brand mp42 - version 0
File has root IOD
Scene PL 255 - Graphics PL 255 - OD PL 255 - Visual PL 247 - Audio PL 255
inline profiles included no

Track # 1 Info - TrackID 1 - TimeScale 600 - Duration 40
Media Type "vide" - Media Sub Type "MPEG" - 2 samples
MPEG-4 Config: Visual Stream - ObjectTypeIndication 32 <----------------"
0x20 Visual ISO/IEC 14496-2 The actual object types are defined in ISO/IEC
14496-2 and are conveyed in the DecoderSpecificInfo as specified in
ISO/IEC 14496-2, Annex K." I suspect this is an PNG converted into a MPEG4
Video Frame.
MPEG-4 Visual Size 320 x 240 - Advanced Simple Profile @ Level 3
Synchronized on stream 2

Track # 2 Info - TrackID 2 - TimeScale 600 - Duration 600
Track is present in Root OD
Media Type "sdsm" - Media Sub Type "MPEG" - 1 samples
MPEG-4 Config: SceneDescription Stream - ObjectTypeIndication 2
Self-synchronized

Track # 3 Info - TrackID 3 - TimeScale 600 - Duration 600
Track is present in Root OD
Media Type "odsm" - Media Sub Type "MPEG" - 1 samples
MPEG-4 Config: ObjectDescriptor Stream - ObjectTypeIndication 1
Synchronized on stream 2

Track # 4 Info - TrackID 65536 - TimeScale 90000 - Duration 6000
Media Type "hint" - Media Sub Type "rtp " - 2 samples
        Streaming Hint Track for track ID 1

* Movie Info * PNG save by Quicktime as MP4
        Timescale 600 - Duration 40
        Fragmented File no - 1 tracks
        File Brand .... - version 0
File has no MPEG4 IOD/OD

Track # 1 Info - TrackID 1 - TimeScale 600 - Duration 600
Media Type "vide" - Media Sub Type "png " - 1 samples
Visual Track - Compressor "PNG" - Resolution 150 x 155  <------- Looks
like a PNG simply wrapped into a MP4 wrapper (doesn't work to well reading
it in other players)
        Vendor code 6170706c - Version 0 - revision 0
        Codec configuration data size: 24 bytes

* Movie Info * PNG file imported by GPAC to an MP4 file
        Timescale 600 - Duration 600
        Fragmented File no - 3 tracks
        File Brand isom - version 1
File has root IOD
Scene PL 1 - Graphics PL 1 - OD PL 1 - Visual PL 254 - Audio PL 1
inline profiles included no

Track # 1 Info - TrackID 201 - TimeScale 1000 - Duration 1000
Media Type "vide" - Media Sub Type "MPEG" - 1 samples
MPEG-4 Config: Visual Stream - ObjectTypeIndication 109  <-------- 0x6D
Portable Network Graphics (f) PNG
Visual Size 150 x 155
Synchronized on stream 1

Track # 2 Info - TrackID 2 - TimeScale 600 - Duration 600
Track is present in Root OD
Media Type "odsm" - Media Sub Type "MPEG" - 1 samples
MPEG-4 Config: ObjectDescriptor Stream - ObjectTypeIndication 1
Synchronized on stream 1

Track # 3 Info - TrackID 1 - TimeScale 600 - Duration 600