[Live-devel] Re: MP4 Systems files recording?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Thu Dec 16 06:52:11 PST 2004

>I've changed the if statements and it appears that at least the mime types
>are set correctly now. I still get and error and the file produced is wrong:
>MPEG4GenericBufferedPacket::nextEnclosedFrameSize(1488): data error
>((nil),0,0)!

You can get rid of this error message by changing the code
         if (auHeader == NULL
       || fOurSource->fNextAUHeader >= numAUHeaders) {
(in "MPEG4GenericRTPSource.cpp") to:
         if (auHeader == NULL) return dataSize;
         if (fOurSource->fNextAUHeader >= numAUHeaders) {

>MultiFramedRTPSource::doGetNextFrame1(): The total received frame size
>exceeds the client's buffer size (20000).  832 bytes of trailing data will
>be dropped!

You can overcome this by telling "openRTSP" to use a larger output file
buffer size, e.g.       "openRTSP -b 30000".  See
<http://www.live.com/openRTSP/#other-options>

As for your other problems (with the format of the resulting ".mp4" file),
you're going to have to fix this by modifying "QuickTimeFileSink.cpp"
appropriately (to handle "video/MPEG4-GENERIC" data).  Unfortunately, if
you want me to help you here, this is going to have to be a funded project.

Alternatively, you could change your MPEG-4 video RTP source to use the
"video/MP4V-ES" RTP payload format, like every other MPEG-4 video RTP
stream I've ever seen.  (I've only ever seen the "MPEG4-GENERIC" payload
format used for *audio* streams.)

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>