[Live-devel] Re: [vlc-devel] RTSP trickplay support

Dermot McGahon dermot at dspsrv.com
Tue Dec 21 11:10:34 PST 2004

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 10:34:20 -0000, Dermot McGahon <dermot at dspsrv.com>
wrote:

> only raw UDP that a Kasenna server will create is MPEG-2 TS. I've sent an
> email to BitBand asking them to confirm the same, it's not obvious from
> the docs that I have.

BitBand responded that their VOD servers support raw UDP with MPEG-1
System,
MPEG-2 PS and MPEG-2 TS.

Neither LIVE.COM or VLC support BitBand RTSP at the moment, but it's a
clear
example of non-MPEG-2 Transport Stream and therefore looks like a guard is
required.

Implmentation suggestions gratefully received.

Dermot.