[Live-devel] Streaming Redirection

Cavalera Claudio Claudio.Cavalera at icn.siemens.it
Tue Feb 3 10:04:46 PST 2004

Thanks a lot for your help.

>That was about it.  I used a different pc to do the RTSP request and
>told my server to send the data to a different client to decode the
>stream.  pretty sweet.

What did you used to do the RTSP request?
I must admit that before coming to OpenRTSP and live.com I used to to telnet in videoserver:554, most of the times I got no reply, but sometimes I got "bad request". I haven't yet pretty clear if it has to be possible to talk with an rtsp server as it can be done with a smtp or pop or http.

>Im not sure how portable this is, but i figure if someone
>wants to make
>it more portable they can.

I'm sorry I will not try to port it on different platform because I also work on linux.

Claudio