[Live-devel] testWAVAudioStreamer problem

Richard Rojas Bello rrojas1 at inf.uach.cl
Tue Feb 3 09:20:42 PST 2004

I download Live.com Streaming media libraries and I compile this on RH
Linux 9 following the page's instructions.
I have VC++ 6.0 on WinXP and I want to compile testWAVAudioStreamer in a
empty project, then I press Compile and the result is:

         testWAVAudioStreamer.obj - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)

When I want to build it, the results are:

Linking...
testWAVAudioStreamer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: static class BasicUsageEnvironment * __cdecl
BasicUsageEnvironment::createNew(class TaskScheduler &)"
(?createNew at BasicUsageEnvironment@@SAPAV1 at AAVTaskScheduler@@@Z)
testWAVAudioStreamer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: static class BasicTaskScheduler * __cdecl
BasicTaskScheduler::createNew(void)"
(?createNew at BasicTaskScheduler@@SAPAV1 at XZ)
testWAVAudioStreamer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: unsigned int __thiscall MediaSink::startPlaying(class MediaSource
&,void (__cdecl*)(void *),void *)"
(?startPlaying at MediaSink@@QAEIAAVMediaSource@@P6AXPAX at Z1@Z)
testWAVAudioStreamer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: char * __thiscall RTSPServer::rtspURL(class ServerMediaSession
const *)const " (?rtspURL at RTSPServer@@QBEPADPBVServerMediaSession@@@Z)
testWAVAudioStreamer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: void __thiscall RTSPServer::addServerMediaSession(class
ServerMediaSession *)"
(?addServerMediaSession at RTSPServer@@QAEXPAVServerMediaSession@@@Z)
testWAVAudioStreamer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: unsigned int __thiscall ServerMediaSession::addSubsession(class
ServerMediaSubsession *)"
(?addSubsession at ServerMediaSession@@QAEIPAVServerMediaSubsession@@@Z)
testWAVAudioStreamer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: static class PassiveServerMediaSubsession * __cdecl
PassiveServerMediaSubsession::createNew(class RTPSink &)"
(?createNew at PassiveServerMediaSubsession@@SAPAV1 at AAVRTPSink@@
@Z)
testWAVAudioStreamer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: static class ServerMediaSession * __cdecl
ServerMediaSession::createNew(class UsageEnvironment &,char const *,char
const *,char const *,unsigned int)" (?createNew at ServerMe
diaSession@@SAPAV1 at AAVUsageEnvironment@@PBD11I at Z)
testWAVAudioStreamer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: static class RTSPServer * __cdecl RTSPServer::createNew(class
UsageEnvironment &,class Port)"
(?createNew at RTSPServer@@SAPAV1 at AAVUsageEnvironment@@VPort@@@Z)
testWAVAudioStreamer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: static class RTCPInstance * __cdecl RTCPInstance::createNew(class
UsageEnvironment &,class Groupsock *,unsigned int,unsigned char const
*,class RTPSink const *,class RTPSo
urce const *,unsigned int)"
(?createNew at RTCPInstance@@SAPAV1 at AAVUsageEnvironment@@PAVGroupsock@@IPBEPBVRTPSink@@PBVRTPSource@@I at Z)
testWAVAudioStreamer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_gethostname at 8
testWAVAudioStreamer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: static class SimpleRTPSink * __cdecl
SimpleRTPSink::createNew(class UsageEnvironment &,class Groupsock
*,unsigned char,unsigned int,char const *,char const *,unsigned int,
unsigned int,unsigned int)"
(?createNew at SimpleRTPSink@@SAPAV1 at AAVUsageEnvironment@@PAVGroupsock@@EIPBD2III at Z)
testWAVAudioStreamer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: void __thiscall Groupsock::multicastSendOnly(void)"
(?multicastSendOnly at Groupsock@@QAEXXZ)
testWAVAudioStreamer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: __thiscall Groupsock::Groupsock(class UsageEnvironment &,struct
in_addr const &,class Port,unsigned char)"
(??0Groupsock@@QAE at AAVUsageEnvironment@@ABUin_addr@@VPort@@E at Z)
testWAVAudioStreamer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: __thiscall Port::Port(unsigned short)" (??0Port@@QAE at G@Z)
testWAVAudioStreamer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"unsigned int __cdecl chooseRandomIPv4SSMAddress(class UsageEnvironment
&)" (?chooseRandomIPv4SSMAddress@@YAIAAVUsageEnvironment@@@Z)
testWAVAudioStreamer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: static class NetworkFromHostOrder16 * __cdecl
NetworkFromHostOrder16::createNew(class UsageEnvironment &,class
FramedSource *)" (?createNew at NetworkFromHostOrder16@@SAPAV1@
AAVUsageEnvironment@@PAVFramedSource@@@Z)
testWAVAudioStreamer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: static class WAVAudioFileSource * __cdecl
WAVAudioFileSource::createNew(class UsageEnvironment &,char const *)"
(?createNew at WAVAudioFileSource@@SAPAV1 at AAVUsageEnvironment@
@PBD at Z)
testWAVAudioStreamer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"public: static void __cdecl Medium::close(class Medium *)"
(?close at Medium@@SAXPAV1@@Z)
testWAVAudioStreamer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"class DelayInterval __cdecl operator*(short,class DelayInterval const &)"
(??D at YA?AVDelayInterval@@FABV0@@Z)
testWAVAudioStreamer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"class DelayInterval const SECOND" (?SECOND@@3VDelayInterval@@B)
Debug/testWAVAudioStreamer.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 21 unresolved
externals Error executing link.exe.

testWAVAudioStreamer.exe - 22 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I already add the include files on the project's options (for
BasicUsageEnvironment, liveMedia, usageEnvironment, groupSock and
windowsAudioInputDevice)

I don't know how to resolve this problem. Can you help me?

Richard