[Live-devel] Raw mpeg4 videos Ref (problems in streaming mpeg4 files (Ross Finlayson))

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Mon Feb 9 03:38:55 PST 2004

>Thanks for the earlier response. You were right, I was trying to stream a
>mpeg4 video containing audio as well.
>I would be grateful if you could provide me a link to some raw mpeg4
>videos (.mp4v) files. I have not been able to find any on the Internet and
>I don't have the expertise to use a mpeg-4 codec to create such a file.

An easy way to get a raw MPEG-4 video file is to find the "rtsp://" URL of
some public MPEG-4 video stream, and run "openRTSP" to download the video
stream.  For example, if you run
         openRTSP rtsp://christianchallenge.org:554/ccistream/sunday.mp4

you'll end up with a file named "video-MP4V-ES-2".  If you rename this
"test.m4v", you'll be able to re-stream it (using "testMPEG4VideoStreamer"
or "testOnDemandRTSPServer").

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>