[Live-devel] AmiNET110

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Tue Feb 10 16:58:09 PST 2004

>   I would like to buy a set top box to decode MPEG2
>RTSP/RTP streamed by liveMedia. I have seen this one,
>
>http://www.aminocom.com/products/aminet110.html
>
>I have send an email to the representative sale in
>Spain, asking about the equipment features. If it
>support RTSP over multicast.
>
>He told me that this feature, VoD (RTSP video session
>control) with HTML and JavaScript Interfaces is in
>unicast mode only and it supports Multicast (IGMP)
>with HTML, and JavaScript Interfaces

I suspect that he may have misunderstood your question.  You were (I
presume) asking if multicast RTP sessions could be played, using RTSP for
session control.  However, he might have thought that you were asking if
RTSP itself could use multicast - which, of course, it can't, because RTSP
runs over TCP.

>Here is my question, It supports Multicast (IGMP),
>what does it means? That it can receive RTP packets in
>muticast?

If the box uses RTSP for session control, and also supports multicast, then
I would assume that it can play multicast RTP sessions.  But of course
you'll need to contact the company to be sure.  (Who knows - maybe the box
uses the LIVE.COM code also :-)

Please let us know what you find out.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM