[Live-devel] playing mpeg-4 video-MP4-ES-1 file

Xia Frank Xia at flarion.com
Wed Feb 11 13:51:29 PST 2004

Michael:
thanks for your advice.
Frank

-----Original Message-----
From: live-devel-bounces at ns.live.com
[mailto:live-devel-bounces at ns.live.com]On Behalf Of Michael Hess
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 12:35 PM
To: live-devel at ns.live.com
Subject: Re: [Live-devel] playing mpeg-4 video-MP4-ES-1 file

Hello there,

you can also use any video, and encode it with

ffmpeg -i inputvideo -sameq -an test.m4v

This would generate you an MPEG4ES (Elementary Stream) which you can use
with the Servers. Please be aware, an mp4-file (with audio) will NOT work!

Best regards,

Michael Hess

PS: Ross: Can you create a webpage which explains, who to create an
mpeg4ES file ? This would be useful for many people, since I had the same
problem in the beginning :)