[Live-devel] RE: playing mpeg-4 video-MP4-ES-1 file

Bryn Reeves breeves at avantisworld.com
Wed Feb 11 14:44:54 PST 2004

I'm not sure here, but If it's a video-MP4-ES file, I think the
extension for the Windows players should be m4v. An mp4 file is mpeg4
data in a file format based on the QuickTime movie file format (.mov),
rather than just the bare elementary stream - could be worth a try?

Alternately, I use xine/mplayer everyday and they are really great media
players - why not try them on your Linux box?

Cheers

Bryn