[Live-devel] testMPEG1or2AudioVideoStreamer v.s. gprof

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Mon Feb 16 00:59:47 PST 2004

>Does it mean that Live.Com's single-process model cannot not cooperate
>well with profiling tools?

No, if anything single-threaded code like this will be easier to profile.

>1. Is it possible to use gcc/g++ compiler as library linker instead of ld?

Probably.  You will need to make some changes to the appropriate "config.*"
file to get this to work, of course.

>2. After executing testMPEG1or2AudioVideoStreamer for play-restart 30
>times,there is an error: BasicTaskScheduler::SingleStep(): select() fails:
>Interrupted system call.Why?

I don't know.  If you find out what's causing this, please let us know.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>