[Live-devel] Multicast communication problem with different OS!

liujunxiang junxiang03 at iscas.cn
Mon Jan 5 11:19:22 PST 2004

Hello, Ross,
    I am a newbie of Multicast, and met one confused problem.
I wrote two small multicast programs. One is the server which is responsible for sending data,
and the second one is the client to receive data. Windows 2000 and linux redhat (by VMware)
are installed on my computer.The problem is:
1) the server and client are successful if they are running in the same OS.
2) the server side and client side cannot communicate if they are seperated and run on
different OS respectively.

I am really upset these days to find a reason.

thank you very much.

Liu