[Live-devel] VOB streaming problem ...

Luca Abeni lucabe72 at email.it
Wed Jan 7 10:37:44 PST 2004

Hi all,

> Yes, it's really lucky. It can stream only either audio or video. But, can't both. What's the problem ?
>
> Thanks.
>

> >This is probably a problem with MPlayer.
>
> >Do you have any luck if you try the following?
> >1/ Stream audio only - i.e., using the "-a" option to "vobStreamer"
> >2/ Stream video only - i.e., using the "-v" option to "vobStreamer"
> >3/ Stream video I-frames only - i.e., using the "-v -i" options to
> "vobStreamer".
>
> >You should also run "MPlayer" with the "-V" option, to print more verbose
> information about what it' doing.

I had a very similar problem in the past, and it was due to the fact
that the clocks of the two compuers (the server running vobStreamer and
the client running mplayer) were not synchronized (probably, you have a
3 seconds skew between the two clocks?).

The only way that I found to make it work was to apply the attached
patch to mplayer (warning: this patch is doing the wrong thing... But I
was not able to find a better solution). You can try it to check if the
problem that you are experiencing is the same that I had.
After applying the patch, when you will try something like
mplayer rtsp://....
mplayer will wait until the audio and video stream are synchronized
before starting to play (if you are streaming at low bitrate, you will
have to wait for a long time...).
You will see something like:
Syncing audio...
Syncing video...
and then it will start playing.

Maybe you are experiencing a different problem, but trying my patch will
not hurt... ;-)

			Luca
                               N O    W A R ! ! !