[Live-devel] new client

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Tue Jan 13 07:35:14 PST 2004

>i have a video player that can play mpeg2 video and audio files, i would
>like to create an RTSP client that can feed the video and audio to the
>client but i could find where in openRTSP does it get the data from the
>server, also how to send commands to the server. can any one tell me where
>how can i get the video and audio data using openRTSP?

Please see <http://www.live.com/openRTSP/> for instructions on how to use
"openRTSP".

If you are looking for an example of how to use the "LIVE.COM Streaming
Media" RTSP/RTP client code in a media player, then I recommend that you
look at our implementation of this in MPlayer
<http://www.live.com/mplayer/>.  (Note, in particular, the files
"demux_rtp*" in the "libmpdemux" directory in the MPlayer source code.)

This is a better example than the code for the "openRTSP" application,
because that code implements a lot of 'bells and whistles' that would not
be relevant for you.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>