[Live-devel] Receiving Streaming Data

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Wed Jan 14 11:53:26 PST 2004

At 11:08 AM 1/14/04, you wrote:
>What version of the real.com source code are you using.

You mean "live.com".  ("real.com" is a different company :-)

>   This problem should have been solved in the 2004.01.10 version (see the

Yes, please make sure that you're using the latest version (currently
2004.01.10) of the "LIVE.COM Streaming Media" code.

>>I started the program ./testMPEG1or2AudioVideoStreamer as a RTSP Server
>>after uncommenting #define  IMPLEMENT_RTSP_SERVER.
>>output: Play this stream using the URL "rtsp://172.30.50.33/"
>>         Beginning streaming...
>>         Beginning to read from file...
>>         ...done reading from file
>>  and so on.

Does the time interval between printing
         Beginning to read from file...
and
         ...done reading from file
correspond to the actual playing time of your "test.mpg" file, or is it
much shorter than the playing time of the file?  If the time interval is
much shorter than the playing time of the file, then that suggests that
your "test.mpg" file is not a proper MPEG (1 or 2) Program Stream file.

>>But when i use ./openRTSP rtsp://172.30.50.33

Don't forget the trailing "/" in the URL - i.e. rtsp://172.30.50.33/

>>I tried the following things:
>>. -t and -n options .

"-t" will not work (because the stream is multicast).  However, "-n" is useful.

>>.I also tried to run ./openRTSP from other machine.

Make sure that it's on the same multicast-connected network (e.g., on the
same LAN) as the machine that's running "testMPEG1or2AudioVideoStreamer".

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>