[Live-devel] stocking mplayer and errors at testOnDemandRTSP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Wed Jan 21 09:21:55 PST 2004

>I have created some movies with
>ffmpeg -i test.mpeg -vcodec mpeg4 test.m4v
>I have done then an
>mp4creator -r 25 -c test.m4v test.mp4
>I have copied the file test.mp4 then to the testProgs dir, and started the
>MPEG4VideoStreamer(and the testOnDemandRTSPwhich has the same problem).
>After a few seconds I see massages like
>
>MPEG4VideoStreamParser::pharseVideoObjectPlane(): Saw unexpacted code
>0x100 MPEG4VideoStreamParser::pharseVideoObjectPlane(): marker bit not
>set!
>
>this is repeated very very often....
>
>Any ideas what I have done wrong ?

It sounds like your file "test.m4v" is not a proper MPEG-4 raw video
file.  Note that the input file (to "testMPEG4VideoStreamer" or
"testOnDemandRTSPServer") must be a raw video file, *not* a ".mp4" file.

If you wish, please put your "test.m4v" file on a web server, and send us
the URL, and I'll take a look at it.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>