[Live-devel] Multiple Files sequentially streamed

Jeff Oliver Jeffrey.Oliver at mascorp.com
Wed Jan 21 14:46:58 PST 2004

First off, thanks for the recent updates, I had created my own code that
essentially "skipped" the DESCRIBE command before SETUP.  But now the
most recent code does it for me.  Great.

Actually, I'm using this live.com streamer software as a base for a
lightweight video-on-demand system.  I dont need the DESCRIBE command,
the SETUP/TEARDOWN commands are only used to allocate to deallocate
server resources, and the PLAY command does most of the work.

One of the things I'd like to do is have the client request a particular
presentation lets say 'rtsp://server/mypres1'.  This presentation is
made up of 3 MPEG2 TS files that I'd like to stream sequentially.  Now,
I think I can do this with the ByteStreamMultiFileSource, right?  The
added feature I need is a way to set the RTP Marker bit every time the
file changes.  Is there a way to connect the RTPSink and the
ByteStreamMultiFileSource together in order to share the file change
information?  Or at least any ideas on how I might do this?

Jeff Oliver

Disclaimer: The information contained in this transmission, including any
attachments, may contain confidential information of Matsushita Avionics
Systems Corporation.  This transmission is intended only for the use of the
addressee(s) listed above.  Unauthorized review, dissemination or other use
of the information contained in this transmission is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error or have reason to believe
you are not authorized to receive it, please notify the sender by return
email and promptly delete the transmission