[Live-devel] Multiple Files sequentially streamed

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Thu Jan 22 03:21:35 PST 2004

Jeff,

FYI, there is now a new version (2004.01.22) of the software that adds
"preferredFrameSize" and "playTimePerFrame" as (optional) parameters to
"ByteStreamMultiFileSource::createNew()".

>  The added feature I need is a way to set the RTP Marker bit every time
> the file changes.  Is there a way to connect the RTPSink and the
> ByteStreamMultiFileSource together in order to share the file change
> information?  Or at least any ideas on how I might do this?

FYI, I've also added a new member function
         Boolean haveStartedNewFile()
to "ByteStreamMultiFileSource()".  This tells a reader (in your case, the
RTPSink) whether or not the most recently-delivered frame was the first
from a newly-opened file.

To use this, I suggest that you write your own subclass of "SimpleRTPSink"
that redefines "doSpecialFrameHandling()" (and nothing else).  Your
redefined "doSpecialFrameHandling()" would
         1/ cast "fSource" to a "ByteStreamMultiFileSource*"
         2/ call "haveStartedNewFile()" on it
         3/ call "setMarkerBit()" if "haveStartedNewFile()" returned True.
         4/ call "MultiFramedRTPSink::doSpecialFrameHandling()" (to set the
packet's timestamp properly).

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>