[Live-devel] Re: Problem in receiving data using openRTSP: (Ross Finlayson)

Seshu kumar Chava seshu.chava at wipro.com
Thu Jan 22 20:29:49 PST 2004

Hi Ross,
                   Thanks for your reply for mail. Here I am receiving data
from testOnDemandRTSPServer only.
Some times it is working fine but some times it is writing data on to file.
Can you please suggest me the solution for this.

Thanks a lot,
Seshu.
*********
>Hi All,
>                I am using openRTSP test program to receive the mp3 data.
> For that, it will create a file "audio-MPA-1" and it is writing data on
> to the file.
>But every time it is not happening for me. Most of the times it is just
>creating file but not writing the data. Can any one please suggest me like
>where exactly the problem is?

Where is the MP3/RTP data coming from?  "testMP3Streamer"?  If so, then
remember that this is a multicast stream, so the receiver ("openRTSP")
needs to be on the same multicast-connected network as the transmitter
("testMP3Streamer").

If your receiving computer is not accessible via multicast from the sending
computer, then try streaming via unicast instead.  Use
"testOnDemandRTSPServer" for this.

REMEMBER: Please make sure you're running the latest version of the
"LIVE.COM Streaming Media" code.

Confidentiality Notice

you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or Mailadmin at wipro.com immediately