[Live-devel] Re: bug in openRTSP?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Thu Jan 22 11:04:14 PST 2004

>As I call openRTSP from a Tcl-Script with a defined end time (it is
>automatically killed if it runs longer) I always call openRTSP with a
>positive value for the -e parameter so that openRTSP always returns
>right before the Tcl-Script would be killed.
>
>In this case the SDP description says this:
>a=range:npt=0-54.200000
>for the audio and video subsession. I called openRTSP with -e 234. I
>expected that openRTSP stopps downloading a stream if the stream is
>shorter than the maximum duration given with -e but it looks like it
>tries to download exactly this time even if the stream is shorter. Is
>this behaviour intended?

Yes it is.  The end time given by the "-e" parameter (if used) will
override any time that's in the SDP's "a=range:" line.

However, if "openRTSP" receives a RTCP "BYE" packet (for each of the
streams being received), then it will shut down at that time, regardless of
the "-e" parameter.  So, it sounds like your RTSP server is not sending
RTCP "BYE" packets when its stream(s) end.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>