[Live-devel] Live.com on familiar linux

Saumya Chandra saumya at ece.ucsd.edu
Wed Jul 7 13:07:42 PDT 2004

Hi,
I am trying to install live.com libraries on IPAQ (ARM9) running familiar
linux. I use a crosscompiler and my "config.arm" file looks like the
following...

COMPILE_OPTS =          $(INCLUDES) -I. -O -DSOCKLEN_T=socklen_t
C =                     c
C_COMPILER =            arm-linux-gcc
C_FLAGS =               $(COMPILE_OPTS)
CPP =                   cpp
CPLUSPLUS_COMPILER =    arm-linux-g++
CPLUSPLUS_FLAGS =       $(COMPILE_OPTS) -Wall -DBSD=1
OBJ =                   o
LINK =                  arm-linux-g++ -o
LINK_OPTS =             -L.
CONSOLE_LINK_OPTS =     $(LINK_OPTS)
LIBRARY_LINK =          ld -o
LIBRARY_LINK_OPTS =     $(LINK_OPTS) -r -Bstatic
LIB_SUFFIX =                    a
LIBS_FOR_CONSOLE_APPLICATION =
LIBS_FOR_GUI_APPLICATION =
EXE =

I am able to compile the libraries using this but when i try to run this
on the IPAQ I get the SIGSEV error,

say,
./testOnDemandServer
SIGSEGV

while looking into "testOnDemandServer.cpp" it seems  that there is some
problem in the BasicTaskScheduler call. I am not sure if the problem is
dur to some missing path option while compiling or if it is something in
the code which is not compatible with familiar linux kernel. I basically
just want to setup a streaming server at the IPAQ!!

Thanks,
Saumya,