[Live-devel] Live.com on familiar linux

Saumya Chandra saumya at ece.ucsd.edu
Wed Jul 7 20:54:08 PDT 2004

> >while looking into "testOnDemandServer.cpp" it seems  that there is some
> >problem in the BasicTaskScheduler call. I am not sure if the problem is
> >dur to some missing path option while compiling or if it is something in
> >the code which is not compatible with familiar linux kernel.
>
> I don't know, but remember, You Have Complete Source Code, so you should be
> able to figure out what's going wrong.  What about the other test programs
> - do they work OK?

No, all the test programs were giving this error. While debugging I gave a
print statement in constructor function of Handler Descriptor class (in
BasicTaskScheduler0.cpp )it started working!!!

HandlerDescriptor::HandlerDescriptor(HandlerDescriptor* nextHandler) {
  // Link this descriptor into a doubly-linked list:
  // (Note that this code works even if "nextHandler == this")
  fNextHandler = nextHandler;
  fPrevHandler = nextHandler->fPrevHandler;
  nextHandler->fPrevHandler = this;
  printf("Handler Descriptor3\n");
  fPrevHandler->fNextHandler = this;
}

Also, with print statements anywhere else in the code it still was not
working. Probably there is some problem in memory referecing - but I don't
know how to solve this problem now.

Thanks,
Saumya.