[Live-devel] question from a newbie....

venkata sripada vsripada at cs.odu.edu
Mon Jul 19 02:59:50 PDT 2004

hey ROSS thanks for the reply....

actually we have a application that should talk to darwin from both sides
i.e as a Broadcaster and Reciever to DSS....i'm done from broadcaster side
of programming,we are broadcasting raw bytes of data as RTP packets...so
we cant use openRTSP to recieve the data as it cant understand the data we
are broadcasting...Darwin seems to be accepting our RTP stream...but we
cant tell it beens reflected by Darwin until we recive it....i'm trying to
recieve a live broadcast....

after looking at the openRTSP tool...i've written a java program that does
the same kind of handshake...the program reads handshake required commands
from a file and sends it across to DSS...most of the handshake is fine but
i'm unable to get 200 OK reply for PLAY request issued by my
program....the tcp flow for the program is attached...i'm not doing
anything with ssrc value when i recieve it from server as far as i
understood it is not important for intial handshake... i'm making sure
that i'm sending the same session number back once it is issued by
DSS...please let me know where i'm going wrong....i'm stuck at this point
from past few days....

regards
raja