[Live-devel] JPEGVideoSource doubts

xavier nikoxan at mixmail.com
Tue Jul 20 19:56:05 PDT 2004

Hi again,

I'm subclassing the "JPEGVideoSource" class. The derived class reads JPEG files from the
disk and return its data in doGetNextFrame(). My doubts are related with the use of the
parameters:

-qfactor (range 1 to 10 or 1 to 100?)
-type (I read in the mailing list archives that plain JPEGs use type 1, is this correct?)
-width-height (all my frames are the same size. The GIMP says 320 x 240 pixels. Why I have
to divide the pixel size by 8?)

last doubt--I'm following the testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer example. Which changes must be
done to  correctly use the "JPEGVideoSource" derived class? I've tried using the
JPEGVideoRTPSink type for the videoSink variable, but it is not working. Seems that I'm
missing something else...

I think it would be very useful if you posted a simple "testJPEGVideoStreamer" example to
see how to use a "JPEGVideoSource" subclass with JPEGVideoRTPSink or other needed in the
main code of the server.

Thanks for your time,
xavier