[Live-devel] SingleStep fails : bad file descriptor

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Wed Jul 28 16:18:27 PDT 2004

At 05:07 AM 7/28/04, you wrote:
>I had what sounds like this problem last week when implementing on Windows.
>Took days to fix, still not sure why, this is my first real Windows project.
>I solved it by moving the initialization code into the thread with the event
>loop call. I was previously initializing everything in one thread and
>starting a new one in which I just started the event loop.

Folks - please (re)read
<http://www.live.com/liveMedia/faq.html#threads>.  The execution model for
the "LIVE.COM Streaming Media" code is that of a single-threaded event
loop, using events - not threads - for concurrency.  It's not a good idea
to try to execute the code from more than one thread  (unless you do so
using completely independent "UsageEnvironment" and "TaskScheduler" objects).

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>