[Live-devel] (no subject)

Saumya Chandra saumya at ece.ucsd.edu
Mon Jul 26 17:32:42 PDT 2004

Hi Ross,

I trying to monitor the data rate at the server from the Receiver Reports
(RRs). I wanted to confirm few things though -

In the RTPSink class:

Is packetCount() the cumulative number used to packetize encoded video
frames till now??
currentSeqNo = some Initial Random number + packetCount (Also, returned
in the receiver reports?)

Also, does octetCount() returns the numbers of bytes sent till the
corresponding to the current value returned by packetCount()?

For a given video, I see that sometimes the packetCount()s (and hence,
other values) remain constant across the few frames. If this is due to the
fact that data may not be sent from the server, does this mean that data
is not being packetized (or these functions are updated!!) untill sent?
This is kind of confusing since doGetNextFrame() is called even though
there is some data to be sent in the RTPSink!!!

Saumya.