[Live-devel] (no subject)

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Wed Jul 28 15:53:19 PDT 2004

>In the RTPSink class:
>
>Is packetCount() the cumulative number used to packetize encoded video
>frames till now??

It is the cumulative number of outgoing RTP packets.

>currentSeqNo = some Initial Random number + packetCount (Also, returned
>in the receiver reports?)

Yes.

>Also, does octetCount() returns the numbers of bytes sent till the
>corresponding to the current value returned by packetCount()?

octetCount() returns the cumulative number of RTP payload bytes sent so far
(i.e., not including RTP, UDP, IP headers).

You can see all of this from the source code - in particular
"MultiFramedRTPSink.cpp".

>For a given video, I see that sometimes the packetCount()s (and hence,
>other values) remain constant across the few frames.

That's because sometimes more than one incoming 'frame' gets packed into
each outgoing RTP packet.  (Note that for RTP payload formats like MPEG, a
'frame' - as far as the LIVE.COM code is concerned - can be things like
MPEG headers - of which more than one may be packed into a single outgoing
RTP packet.)

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>