[Live-devel] Video Clients

David Skiba skiba at avaya.com
Tue Jun 1 09:35:37 PDT 2004

I am trying to work with streaming video and would like some clarification
regarding which clients should

be able to play the video streams produced by the live code.

Currently I have been able to create an MPEG-1 program stream file with
audio and video. I then am

able to use testMPEG1or2AudioVideoStreamer to stream the audio + video. The
only client I have

been able to receive the streams with is the VLC program.

Should I be able to receive the same stream using RealPlayer and QuickTime?

I did not have success when trying the following versions:

RealPlayer Version 10.0 Build 6.0.12.872

QuickTime Version 6.5.1

I tried looking through past postings and have seen various answers so I
thought I would ask specific to my versions.

Thanks,

Dave