[Live-devel] Correct Timestamps in RTP-Packets

Eric Peters epeters at graphics.cs.uni-sb.de
Thu Jun 3 15:52:47 PDT 2004

Hello to all,

I am implementing a streaming server for NMM
(www.networkmultimedia.org). As you probably know by Florian Winter,
we're using liveMedia for RTP-Transport. In a test application for
streaming a mpeg2-PS-File I have a problem. In mplayer's output messages
in the last line there are some time values for audio and video. By this
values the video is synchronized. If I use the original liveMedia test
program testMPEG1or2AudioVideoStreamer there are correct time values
shown and audio and video is synchronized by the player.
If I use our application there is no time value for video. The audio
value is increasing correctly. So the difference between audio and video
is also increasing.
So, now my question:
Where or which values must been set so the timestamps in the RTP-Packets
are correctly? Can I use the Timestamps I got from the MPEG-file?

Thanks,

Eric