[Live-devel] Correct Timestamps in RTP-Packets

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live.com
Thu Jun 3 10:49:07 PDT 2004

>So, now my question:
>Where or which values must been set so the timestamps in the RTP-Packets
>are correctly?

The RTP timestamps are computed based on the 'presentation time' values
that are fed to the "*RTPSink" object.  Have you written your own 'source'
object (to encapsulate your input data)?  If so, then you should make sure
that you're setting "fPresentationTime" correctly when you deliver data to
the next object(s) in the chain.  (However, if you're just feeding data
into a "MPEG1or2AudioStreamFramer" and a "MPEG1or2VideoStreamFramer", then
you don't need to do this, because these 'framer' objects compute correct
presentation times themselves.  That's why the
"testMPEG1or2AudioVideoStreamer" test program is working OK for you.)

So, before I can really answer your question, I'd need to know more about
what your data chain looks like, and how it differs from that used by
"testMPEG1or2AudioVideoStreamer".

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>